The Homebrew Channel is where you will go to launch homebrew applications. BootMii is a piece of software that can backup and restore your Wii’s NAND storage, and if installed in boot2, provides brick protection.
Usage and Instructions
- You should see a scam warning screen. Wait 30 seconds for the text “Press 1 to continue” to appear, then press 1 on the Wii controller.
- When at the HackMii installer, The Homebrew Channel should say “Can be installed”
- Press Continue, then select the Homebrew Channel, and press install.
- Press Continue when finished.
- Once installed, press back and go to BootMii. (If you didn’t use an SD Card, skip to Step 8)
- If the main screen says you can install BootMii as boot2, do so. This offers the best possible brick protection you can have.
- Skip this step if you cannot install BootMii as boot2.
- Install BootMii as IOS, even if you already installed BootMii boot2 in the previous step. If you couldn’t install BootMii as boot2 in the previous step, this will still allow you to create a NAND backup.
- Once done, select Continue, and then select Exit to go to the Homebrew Channel.
Congrats! You’ve successfully modded your Nintendo Wii. You can now make backups of your Games, run homebrew applications, run mods, install emulators etc.