Tiramisu is a new Wii U exploit similar to Haxchi and CBHC. This exploit works on the latest firmware, 5.5.5. Modding your Wii U allows you to use emulators, dump Wii U games to USB or internal HDD, play out of region games, backup, edit and restore save files, download and install Wii U games etc. If you have an existing legacy CFW on your Wii U, you’ll need to uninstall it first.
What you’ll need
- SD card (32GB+ recommended)
- A Wii U with internet access.
- A computer to place files onto SD Card
- Download the latest files, and download the sigpatches
- Select Nanddumper, PayloadLoader Installer and Base-Tiramisu
- Format SD Card to FAT32 using GUIFormat
- Format SD Card with 32K (32768) allocation unit size
- Do not name the SD card “wiiu”, as it will cause issues with homebrew
- Extract the contents of files.zip onto the formatted SD Card, then copy 01_sigpatches.rpx into /wiiu/environments/tiramisu/modules/setup on the SD Card
Launching Browser Exploit
- Plug the SD card into your Wii U, then navigate to wiiuexploit.xyz in the Wii U Internet browser app
- Click on Run Homebrew Launcher! and hold the B button until you see a menu
- If your Wii U gets stuck on a white or otherwise frozen screen, wait a few seconds. If nothing happens, reboot the console, reset the browser’s save data and try again.
Creating a NAND backup
- Navigate to nanddumper using the GamePad and press A to launch it.
- Use the Wii U GamePad’s D-Pad to enter the following configuration:
- Dump SLC: yes
- Dump SLCCMPT: yes
- Dump MLC: optional
- Dump OTP: yes
- Dump SEEPROM: yes
- Press the A button to start the dumping process.
- When the process completed, power off your Wii U, take your SD Card out of the Wii U and plug it into your PC.
- To make sure you don’t lose the files, copy the slc.bin, slccmpt.bin, seeprom.bin, otp.bin and if you chose to go with a full backup, every mlc.bin.part file to your computer.
- Delete the files from your SD Card to free up space.
- Take the SD Card out of your PC and plug it into your Wii U.
- Execute the web browser exploit as previously explained, but this time, you will need to hold the X button to open the Environment Loader menu.
- Navigate the list using the D-Pad and navigate to the installer environment, press A to launch it.
- Press the A button to check if you can install the PayloadLoader.
- It should now tell you that the PayloadLoader can be installed onto the Health and Safety Information app.
- Press the A button to select Install / Update.
- You’ll be asked if you are sure you want to install the PayloadLoader. Use the D-Pad to select Install and press A.
- After installing finishes, press A to shut down the console.
- Start the console to boot into the Wii U Menu, launch the Health and Safety Information app and hold the X button to open the Environment Loader menu.
- Navigate the list using the D-Pad and navigate to the installer environment, press A to launch it. Press A to select check.
- Select Boot options. You will be asked if you want to switch the boot title. Press A to select Switch to PayloadLoader.
- When the process finished, press A to shutdown the console.
- The PayloadLoader will now be launched automatically on every boot.
- To change the default boot title hold Start (+) on the Gamepad while booting the console.
- Navigate the list using the D-Pad to hover on the title you want to autoboot in, then press the Y button to set this to your autoboot title.
- Press A to launch the selected title.
Setting up PayloadLoader, Environment Loader and Tiramisu
- Turn on your Wii U.
- The Environment Loader should show up.
- Using the D-Pad, navigate to tiramisu and press Y to set this to your default envrionment, then press A to launch into Tiramisu.
- To open the Environment Loader selector in the future, you have hold X while your Wii U is booting up.
- On the Tiramisu Boot Selector, the Wii U Menu should already be selected, press Y to set this to your default autobooting option, then press A to launch into the Wii U Menu.
- To open the Tiramisu Boot Selector in the future, you have hold START (+) while your Wii U is booting up.
Congrats! You have successfully modded and installed Tiramisu on your Wii U. If anything fails, you can use your NAND backup to completely recover your Wii U. If your interested in modding the vWii on your Wii U, follow this guide.